Friday, April 2, 2010

#2nd Myth, Mistake Or Misconception: All Family Portraits Are Created Equal.

SECRET #2:

INCORRECT. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you're at all like most people, you've probably had this question go through your mind: How do I choose the right photographer? In fact, you may even have thought of someone in your family - an uncle, a grandparent, even a friend - who is a bit of an amateur photographer. Why not have those people create the photograph of your family?

Question: Just suppose someone were to create the perfect family portrait for you, one where you and your loved ones looked better and happier than ever... Suppose someone created a portrait that meant the world to you? What would that be worth?

No price tag can be put on your family's memories. They are and always will be priceless. So, why would you ever want to gamble with those memories? It's just a question of whether you believe a portrait of your family could really mean that much to you.

If you were sick, and had to go to a doctor, would you want the cheapest doctor or the best one? Well, there's really no question, its the same thing with your family's memories. You can certainly find a cheaper photographer in town but there are other things to consider than just price. The photographer you choose should care about your family and your memories, not just about making a buck off you.

I pride myself on becoming a family friend of every family I photograph. I've even had some clients invite me to their houses for dinner. You see I didn't get into photography to get rich. Believe me, there are better (and easier) ways to make a fast buck. I actually went to college to become an Architect. I could be making a WHOLE bunch of money if I'd stayed in that line of work.

But I chose to become a professional family photographer. Why did I make that career choice? Because I finally realized that all the money in the world meant nothing to me if I didn't feel like I was making a difference.

I realized that memories are priceless and that there is no more noble or wonderful profession than to become a memory giver.

I didn't become a photographer because I liked to take pictures. Don't get me wrong, I do like the art of photography, but that's not the reason I first picked up a camera. As a child, my brothers and I didn't have many photographs taken. My entire time growing up, I can remember only a few photographs taken of us. Early in my career, I created a portrait of my brothers and I together and to this day I cherish that photograph, it means the world to me.

I can't even imagine what it would be like not to have that photograph displayed on my wall. I look at it every single day, it is one of my most prized possessions. I only wish I had a current photograph of all of us together. That would be one of the most priceless things I own.

Time is the one thing that none of us have enough of, it’s the one thing that money can't buy. Time is one of the things that we all would give just about anything for. Through photography, we can hold on to the moments in our lives that we wish could last forever. And, if it’s done correctly, these same photographs can become almost like works of art that we display in our homes for everyone to see and share.

Don't make the decision as to who will photograph your family until you chat with me. There are things you will want to ask the photographers.

There's no cost, and no obligation to just chat with me and it will make the whole difference as to how great your portraits will look. Simply click on INFO to find out how to contact me by phone, just to chat.

Don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you on working with me. I'm already very busy, and I don't need to pressure anyone to work with me as a photographer. I'll just talk to you about your portraits and help you discover what your photographs could be like.

If you decide to have me create your portraits, great. If not, no problem.



We are extremely pleased with the care and the time that M.J. spent with us to make our family portrait the very best. We look at it everyday

Davida + Arthur Cunanan
Washington, DC



Go to http://www.studiooflove.com/#/rush---wedding-guide/
for Secrets 3-7

No comments:

Post a Comment